Worried About Getting Married Late?
Apprehensions you may be facing:
- Am I fit enough?
- Will I look pretty on my wedding day?
- I am so used to my space and my way of doing things. Will I be able to adjust?
- Will I be able to carry a baby?
Complaints you may have:
- I am overweight.
- My energy levels are low.
- Has my face become dull?
- I feel I am getting old.
- Will that mean not looking great on my wedding day?
As natural as these apprehensions and complaints are, there are natural and easier ways to combat and prevent them.
Fitness and beauty respond well to optimum health that comprises of:
- A balanced, healthy diet: A diet comprising of complex carbohydrates, lean protein, and essential fatty acids. Some quick pointers:
- Eating complex carbohydrates increases metabolism (that decreases with age) and body composition (body tone).
- Eating lean protein improves muscle growth, metabolism and fat burning, and improves body composition. Organs such as hair, skin, and nails benefit from these as they are made of protein.
- Eating fiber helps increase the metabolism and fat burning. It reduces the attack of free radicals (helps skin health) and increases digestive health (better skin).
- Consumption of omega 3 supplements and foods help fat loss, improves skin and hair health.
- Adequate sunshine
- Good hydration levels
- Good sleep
- Regular exercise
- Rest and recovery
- Regular health check-up
- Meeting a Gynecologist, endocrinologist and a dermatologist periodically, if required
- Yoga and meditation help enhance emotional, mental and spiritual stability, which in turn reduces any negative thoughts or feelings and preconceived notions that can hamper growth
- Pursue a hobby
- Do what makes you happy, whatever the activity maybe. Just focus on getting better at it.
TO DO LIST:
- Balanced diet
- Promote intestinal health: Consume fiber-rich foods and probiotics
- Promote liver health: Supplements like milk thistle are beneficial
- Stay optimally hydrated
- Consume a multivitamin every day
- Consume Antioxidants (anti-aging): Vit C and Vit E
- Regular exercise: Cardio and strength training
- Good sleep
- Anti-stress management: Practice yoga and meditation
- Good skin hygiene: Take care of your skin by following a skin care routine, using sunblock when required, etc.
- Address acne breakouts: Usually acnes are a result of unhealthy skin habits. These can be rectified by meeting with a dermatologist and adhering to right skin care. Hormonal imbalances also lead to acne, which can be easily fixed through optimal nutrition (avoiding junk foods) and meeting a dermatologist, if required.
- Omega 3 supplementation
Foods to include:
- Whole wheat food items like whole-wheat rotis, dalia, wheat flakes and whole wheat bread, quinoa, oats, barley, sorghum (jowar), pearl millet (bajra), finger millet (ragi), brown rice and muesli.
- Low-fat milk, milk products and lean meats like chicken, fish, egg whites, etc
- Avocado, olive oil, salmon, tuna flaxseeds
- Green leafy veggies, broccoli, parsley, bell peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrots, peas and mushrooms
- Vegetable juices
- Low GI fruits like apple and papaya
- Beans and chickpeas
- Almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, flaxseeds
Foods to avoid:
- Refined flour
- Tobacco (smoking)
- Fried foods
Summing it up:
As cliché as this may sound, marriages are made in heaven and there is a right time for them. Keeping in mind the above guidelines, ideal body weight can be maintained. When fitness levels are enhanced or strengthened, they work wonders for beauty. It’s that simple to feel and look good at any given point of time. It is all in your head. All that needs to be done is to make up or train your mind.
Getting fit has nothing to do with the body. It’s all on the mind.
“Everything depends on what people are capable of wanting”- Enrico Malatesta.
Our minds are stronger than we think. Hence, what we can decide, we can do!